I've been pretty good of late with cycling in to work. Last week however was reserved though for a nice relaxing holiday on the Isle of Skye. Firstly to de-stress and secondly to help celebrate my 40th year.
The weather had been pretty awful, with 80mph winds and horizontal rain/sleet plus a couple of waterspouts. Not good. So, after riding in to work today and back I can only say that the weather obviously followed me.
Heavy hail and wind. That was the order of the day. I rode in to work in rain and back in a barrage of tiny needles. I felt like I was being hammered by thousands of hyperdermic syringes, all of which containing liquid nitrogen.
Thanks to my wet weather gear I was relatively dry, however I forgot to pack my waterproof shoe covers and as such my shoes are on a radiator.
Horrid weather for a Monday straight after a week of whisky drinking and relaxation.
What a welcome back.
0 comments:
Post a Comment