Pages

Thursday, 22 November 2012

Wasted

The run up to Winter had been pretty good as cycling went.  I had put the miles in, increased my stamina and improved on a piss poor hill-climbing skill I had been sporting for the early few months of 2012 , dramatically. So it was a real pain in the arse when after the recent NCC AGM I came down with what I thought was a bought of ManFlu.

Yes, I can hear you now telling me to "Man the fuck up"...etc.  However, the sore throat that developed overnight on the Tuesday followed by the high fever, nightly Hallucinations and sweats sort of indicated that this wasn't Man Flu or even a Cold... But was probably Flu.

I even had to take a day off work sick, which was odd for me given that for the last 8 years I hadn't been off once. But it also meant that cycle wise I was off the road.  That was more depressing for me given that I had to miss entering a Strava Challenge and also some nice NCC Club runs.  And also I had just spent a shit load of money augmenting my bike for winter.

Achoo

Well, its been over a week now and finally the worst feels like it is behind me.  I still feel tired but thankfully I'm not as bad as I was.  In reality my Flu hasn't been that bad all things considered. (I heard it can hit you really hard and make you bed ridden). I think thats down to my fitness thanks to the cycling over the past year and also my consumption of a lot of Whey Protein,, Multi Vits and ZMA which has helped my body deal with this virus quickly.

At the moment I'm still no well enough to get on the bike but am getting stronger each day.  Hopfully in a week I can start totting up the miles again.

For this year I had a target of 4k miles, as it stand my current mileage for 2012 is 3,816 miles so I am so close it's painful. Anyway, I'm gonna keep off any exercise until I'm 100%.











0 comments:

Post a Comment