Pages

Thursday, 10 February 2011

Malady

Today I awoke feeling like utter shite.  Rough as a dogs arse I think the expression is.   I was sneezing and coughing and had a pretty bad headache and could put it down to two distinct causes.

Firstly it was either a cold which I had caught from a collegue in work, or it was the after affects of a rather heavy Chinese meal I had ordered from Wok-to-go.  It did feel actually an MSG hit, but I know they don't use the stuff.  So it must be a cold then.  I packed away my cycling gear and got into my car.

Ahhh Choooo
It was a shame really because it was quite nice, albeit wet, morning.  It's definately getting warmer and soon I'll be able to dump my winter gear and start cycing in less weight and more...sophisticated looking garb.   

Bike and a Pint

On Monday I attended a club social meeting.  These are held the first Monday of every month at the Appleton Thorn pub and gives you a chance to get to know your cycling mates over a nice pint.

We have a lot of members now which is really good.  There is also a growing number of Mountain Biking members joining which means we have two decent sized contigents of different cycling disciplines.  Great news if you fancy having a go at either sport. 

So far my cycling commuting this week has comprised of one day.  I just hope I'm not coming down with anything.  2 weeks left till Llanberis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment