Pages

Thursday, 10 March 2011

Going viral..

As is usual with my training for a sportive  I appear to have contracted some sort of virus/ cold/ thing.   I awoke on Monday morning to the sight of small, blister type spots over my back and the feeling that I had just gone three rounds with Lennox Lewis.  I had contracted Chicken pox when I was a lot younger. An experience I don't really want to repeat. I was hoping it wasn't that.....it shouldn't be..

For the next few days I endured a spinning head, itchy skin and a confusion that was akin to having a skinfull of beer.  The girlfriend is currently travelling in India for 2 weeks so taking time off work to spend it in an empty house all day didn't sound appealing to me.  Besides, I'm already behind at work due to being constantly on call for support issues.  I needed to be in work.

Best laid plans...and all that.

This week was supposed to be chill out cycle to work week.  But I just can't do anything.  I have no energy and I feel rotten.  My legs ache and so does my head.  However something in my brain is telling me to man up and get on the bike.  I don't think so.

Hopefully this will be one of those shortlived but impressive viral attacks. The club is hopefully going to run a Summertrees ride this weekend.  If I don't get completly leathered on Saturday at the beer festival  I will be joining them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment