Pages

Thursday, 30 June 2011

Niggles

On Monday my bike had an "Advanced" service at CycleHouse - a nice little bike shop right next to the Wolves stadium.  I thought that my bike was ok but after a year of punishment and a slightly buckled wheel, I decided to take the plunge and have everything stripped, re-greased, re-tightened and re-placed.

When I picked the bike up from the shop it was...well.. gleeming.  The chain, cassette, brake calipers, crank and cables were all sparkling.  A nice lube smell was eminating from the transmission area.  It smelt like a new bike...They had also replaced the bar tape, mainly because all of the cables had to be routed under it and also the original tape was...er..mucky.  A mixture of road grime and snot had turned the once bright blue tape a darker shade of black. As the bike was wheeled out from the workshop I noticed that it was missing bar ends.  An embarrassed workshop technician fitted them after I pointed it out.


Er...I think I just lost a screw
The bike looked brand new and smelt it too.  So today I took it out on a test run to see if everything was ok. I have to say it even feels like a new bike.  The wheels are now trued and I can comfortably spin around a lot faster than before.  It just feels smoother.  However for some reason they had adjusted the front cage too low, so in some gears the chain rubs along the top of the shifter.  The service cost me 60 quid so I will be returning to them for them to fix it.

All in all though I'm happy with the service from them.  Plus Clarion members get 10% off everything..which aint bad in these times.

This weekend is the first of the month long ride out to the peak district. 

Happy cycling

0 comments:

Post a Comment