Pages

Friday, 14 January 2011

Travelling Light

This morning the temperature was actually in double digits.  This was great news because it meant I could leave some layers at home, dump my face mask and have a more civilised cycle to work.  I left the house at 7:30am on my Cannondale Bad Boy 650 and cycled towards the A49 where I would pick up my route to Walton hall.  Today I decided to give Delph Lane another go.  Yesterdays commute was via the longer route, through Hatton and down SummerLane to Preston on the Hill and I managed it in record time, well based on my hybrid travel times that is, so today I felt like hitting the hill of hell given I was packing a lighter set of clothes and feel 100% better since the cold that I'd had for weeks, finally left me.

Unfortunately the warmer temperature resulted in a hard chilly headwind that made each turn of the crank a chore.  Commuting with a rucksack filled with food and clothes doesn't make you entirely streamlined and this was painful.  My ride stats for today also showed how bad it was. I should get to work in about 23 minutes.

Total Time : 00:28:01 over 5.79 miles. Average speed 12.40 mph with a max recorded speed of 20.17 mph.

Awful time and terrible speed. 

Light Speed

On Wednesday I visited the Manchester IMAX to see Tron Legacy.  Amazing movie, great 3D effects and awesome soundtrack by Daft Punk. 


Light Cycling

One of the best bits had to be the new updated Light cycle arena match.  All I can say is that this film is beautiful to look at and the light cycles are just......amazing.   They did make me think though how much fun you could have riding one and taking out phone using car drivers...mmmmmm.  Anyway looks like my cycling is getting back to normal and this Sunday will be my first club run of 2011 with the North Cheshire Clarion.   

Over the last few months I've been just getting base miles on the turbo trainer, watching a ride simulation DVD and sweating in the kitchen.  Not very inspiring so I'm really looking forward to getting back on the road and doing some decent miles together with a nice cake stop...of course.  I also got told that the accomodation for our Llanberis ride has been booked so training is going to have to start this weekend.

Roll on the Summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment